First Aid for Foster Carers Course
When you are looking after somone elses child it is important that you are able to help in the event of an emergency.
The Foster Carers First Aid Course is an interactive short course designed to give foster carers the confidence to help in an emergency.
Contact Good Skills Training today to find out why our customers come back time and time again to have their staff first aid trained by us ... 01473 368120
First Aid for Foster Carers Course Overview
This 4 hour course was designed in conjunction with social workers from the Hertfordshire Family Placement Service in 2008, It was then delivered to all of the foster carers under Hertfordshire County Councils remit.
We have since delivered this course to foster carers and social workers across the U.K.to meet Standard 6.7 of the National Minimum Standards for Fostering Services, which requires all foster carers to receive ‘.. basic training on … and first aid with particular emphasis on health promotion and communicable diseases.’
Our aim at Good Skills Training is that all learners should enjoy their First Aid for Foster Carers Course and that by the end of their course all learners should be safe, prompt, effective and confident first aiders in the home.
First Aid for Foster Carers Course Syllabus
- Contents of the First Aid Kit
- Primary Assessment
- Recovery Position
- CPR Choking, Asthma and Hyperventilation
- Shock and Bleeding
- Bone, Joint and Muscle Injuries
- Childhood Ailments
First Aid for Foster Carers Course Duration
- 4 contact hours
- Usually run over 1 day 10:00 - 14:30
First Aid for Foster Carers Course Prerequisite
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
- Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that any learners may have prior to the course, so that we can cater for these.
First Aid for Foster Carers Course Assessment Process
- This course is continually assessed by our trainer.
First Aid for Foster Carers Renewal Process
- The First Aid for Foster Carers Certificate is valid for 3 years, after which they will be required to attend another course.
In-house First Aid for Foster Carers Course Enquiry/Quote Request
Please contact us for more information
- First Aid Training
- HSE Emergency First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Requalification Training Course
- First Aid Annual Refresher Training Course
- Paediatric First Aid Training Course
- Basic Life Support Training
- First Aid for Schools Training Course
- First Aid for Foster Carers Training Course
- Anaphylactic Awareness and Epi Pen Training
- RYA First Aid Training Course
- First Response Training Course
- Training Young People in First Aid
- Bespoke First Aid Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- AED (Defib) Training
- Health and Safety Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Fire Safety Training
- Food Hygiene Training
- Level 2 Award in HACCP
- Level 2 Award in Licensing
- Level 2 Conflict Management
- Substance Misuse Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- Level 3 PTLLS
- Training Skills and Practice
- Defib Supplies
“It was an excellent course, very informative & interesting ... The instructor definitely knows her subject ...”
Vision Fostering Agency, Foster Carers First Aid Course, July 2010