Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling Course
Manual handling injuries causes more lost working days in the UK, with sprains and strains due to the incorrect lifting and moving of objects causing most suffering to employees.
The Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling Course gives learners the basic knowledge and techniques to keep themselves safe when moving or handling objects in their workplace.
Contact Good Skills Training today to find out why our customers come back time and time again to have their staff trained in the correct manual handling techniques by us ... 01473 368120
Level 2 Manual Handling Course Overview
The Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
The HABC Level 2 Award in Manual Handling is a substantial course covering all areas of manual handling resulting in a nationally recognised level 2 award.
Level 2 Manual Handling Course Syllabus
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
Level 2 Manual Handling Course Duration
- 10 Guided Learning Hours.
- Usually delivered over 1 day, 09:00 – 17:00.
- This is an intensive course and there will be some homework set prior to the course to assist with the learning process and to ensure learners meet the minimum learning hours.
Level 2 Manual Handling Course Prerequisite
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
- Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that any delegates may have prior to the course, so that we can cater for these.
Level 2 Manual Handling Course Assessment Process
- This qualification is assessed through a practical examination through the duration of the course by the tutor, followed by a 15-question multiple-choice question examination.
- The duration of the examination is 30 minutes.
- Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 10 out of 15.
- Learners must also practically demonstrate the application of the correct techniques as indicated within the learning outcomes of the unit.
In-house Level 2 Manual Handling Course Enquiry/Quote Request
Please contact us for more information
- First Aid Training
- HSE Emergency First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Requalification Training Course
- First Aid Annual Refresher Training Course
- Paediatric First Aid Training Course
- Basic Life Support Training
- First Aid for Schools Training Course
- First Aid for Foster Carers Training Course
- Anaphylactic Awareness and Epi Pen Training
- RYA First Aid Training Course
- First Response Training Course
- Training Young People in First Aid
- Bespoke First Aid Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- AED (Defib) Training
- Health and Safety Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Fire Safety Training
- Food Hygiene Training
- Level 2 Award in HACCP
- Level 2 Award in Licensing
- Level 2 Conflict Management
- Substance Misuse Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- Level 3 PTLLS
- Training Skills and Practice
- Defib Supplies
"Good Instructor and good atmosphere."
Candidate from Camden Working, CIEH Level 2 Health and Safety, October 2010