Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering
The Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering is a qualification aimed at supervisors, team leaders and line managers working in the catering industry. This includes those working in Care.
The qualification is also suitable for those owning/managing a smaller catering business. Learners gaining this qualification will know and be able to apply the knowledge relating to the supervisor’s role at all stages of food production. They will understand the role of the supervisor in food preparation and be able to provide examples of effective supervisory management relating to food production.
Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
Our aim at Good Skills Training is that all learners should enjoy their Level 3 Food Safety Course and that by the end of their course all delegates should be confidently aware of their legal duties when supervising food handlers and be able to help prevent food poisoning.
Level 3 Food Safety Course Syllabus
- Understanding the role of the supervisor in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
- Understand the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice
- Understand how to implement food safety management procedures
- Understand the role of the supervisor in staff training
Level 3 Food Safety Course Duration
- 25 Guided Learning Hours.
- Usually run over 3 Days, 9:00 – 17:00.
- This is an intensive course and there will be some homework throughout the course to assist with the learning process and to ensure learners meet the minimum learning hours.
Level 3 Food Safety Course Prerequisite
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course, although it would be beneficial if learners have completed a Level 2 Food Safety Course.
- Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that any learners may have prior to the course, so that we can cater for these
Level 3 Food Safety Course Assessment Process
- This qualification is assessed through a 60-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 2 hours.
- Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 40 out of 60. Learners will receive a Merit if they achieve 50 out of 60.
In-house Level 3 Food Safety Course Enquiry/Quote Request
Please contact us for more information
- First Aid Training
- HSE Emergency First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Requalification Training Course
- First Aid Annual Refresher Training Course
- Paediatric First Aid Training Course
- Basic Life Support Training
- First Aid for Schools Training Course
- First Aid for Foster Carers Training Course
- Anaphylactic Awareness and Epi Pen Training
- RYA First Aid Training Course
- First Response Training Course
- Training Young People in First Aid
- Bespoke First Aid Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- AED (Defib) Training
- Health and Safety Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Fire Safety Training
- Food Hygiene Training
- Level 2 Award in HACCP
- Level 2 Award in Licensing
- Level 2 Conflict Management
- Substance Misuse Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- Level 3 PTLLS
- Training Skills and Practice
- Defib Supplies
"... Relaxed atmosphere and it was easy to ask questions ... the instructor was helpful and did not rush anyone."
Course delegate, CIEH Level 2 Food Safety Course, Kent County Council, March 2011