Manual Handling for Early Years Staff Course
Manual handling injuries cause more lost working days in the UK, with sprains and strains due to the incorrect lifting and moving of objects causing most suffering to employees.
The Manual Handling for Early Years Staff Course has been designed specifically for staff from these settings and as well as looking at objects looks at working with children as well.
Contact Good Skills Training today to find out why our customers come back time and time again to have their staff trained in the correct manual handling techniques by us ... 01473 368120
Manual Handling for Early Years Staff Course Overview
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations place a requirement that all employees have adequate knowledge or training in safe manual handling practices to try and minimise the effects of poor manual handling techniques, this applies to all sectors and almost every job.
This manual handling course has been written specifically with the Early Years Industry in mind. The course is fully customizable to your company or job role and will meet your legal requirement to provide staff with a information and training in safe manual handling techniques.
Manual Handling for Early Years Staff Course Syllabus
- The reasons for safe manual handling
- Manual handling risk assessments and how they contribute to health and safety
- The principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Apply safe manual handling principles
Manual Handling for Early Years Staff Course Duration
2 Guided Learning Hours.
In some cases this course should be run over a longer period due to the activities in your organisation.
Manual Handling for Early Years Staff Course Prerequisite
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that any delegates may have prior to the course, so that we can cater for these.
Manual Handling for Early Years Staff Course Assessment Process
This course is assessed by a competency-based assessment through practical demonstration of correct techniques covered in the course.
Manual Handling for Early Years Staff Course Renewal Process
This course is kept valid by retaking a manual handling course at least every 3 years.
In-house Manual Handling for Early Years Staff Course Enquiry/Quote Request
Please contact us for more information
- First Aid Training
- HSE Emergency First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Requalification Training Course
- First Aid Annual Refresher Training Course
- Paediatric First Aid Training Course
- Basic Life Support Training
- First Aid for Schools Training Course
- First Aid for Foster Carers Training Course
- Anaphylactic Awareness and Epi Pen Training
- RYA First Aid Training Course
- First Response Training Course
- Training Young People in First Aid
- Bespoke First Aid Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- AED (Defib) Training
- Health and Safety Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Fire Safety Training
- Food Hygiene Training
- Level 2 Award in HACCP
- Level 2 Award in Licensing
- Level 2 Conflict Management
- Substance Misuse Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- Level 3 PTLLS
- Training Skills and Practice
- Defib Supplies
"Good Instructor and good atmosphere."
Candidate from Camden Working, CIEH Level 2 Health and Safety, October 2010