Paediatric First Aid Course
A fun and interactive first aid course, the Paediatric First Aid Course covers the requirements of ofsted and the early years foundation framework, for first aid training in early years settings.
Contact Good Skills Training today to find out why our customers come back time and time again to have their staff first aid trained by us ... 01473 368120
Paediatric First Aid Public Course Dates and Booking Form
Paediatric First Aid Course Overview
It is a requirement under the early years foundation framework that at least one member of staff is present who has attended and passed a Paediatric First Aid Course.
The Paediatric First Aid Course gives learners the information to be able to assist in an emergency and includes amongst others, topics on resuscitation, choking, asthma, bleeding, head injuries, epilepsy, childhood ailments ... and much more!
Specialists in delivering training at your venue when you need it, at Good Skills Training we pride ourselves on producing first address that are confident, safe, prompt and effective.
Paediatric First Aid Course Syllabus
- What is First Aid
- Acts and Regulations Governing Paediatric First Aid
- Responsibilities of the First Aider in Early Years Settings
- Primary Assessment
- Secondary Assessment
- CPR for Adults, Children and Babies
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Asthma Hyperventilation
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Shock and Bleeding
- Circulation Issues
- Bone, Joint and Muscle Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Burns and Scalds in including Electric Shock
- Effects of the Heat and Cold
- Childhood Ailments
Paediatric First Aid Course Duration
- 12 Guided Learning Hours.
- Usually run over 2 Days, 9:30 - 16:30.
Paediatric First Aid Course Prerequisite
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
- Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that any learners may have prior to the course, so that we can cater for these.
Paediatric First Aid Course Assessment Process
- This course is continually assessed by our trainer.
Paediatric First Aid Course Renewal Process
- This course is renewed by re-taking a Paediatric First Aid Course every 3 years
Do you know the date you are after? Just need a price and to book ... then click here
Please contact us for more information
- First Aid Training
- HSE Emergency First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Requalification Training Course
- First Aid Annual Refresher Training Course
- Paediatric First Aid Training Course
- Basic Life Support Training
- First Aid for Schools Training Course
- First Aid for Foster Carers Training Course
- Anaphylactic Awareness and Epi Pen Training
- RYA First Aid Training Course
- First Response Training Course
- Training Young People in First Aid
- Bespoke First Aid Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- AED (Defib) Training
- Health and Safety Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Fire Safety Training
- Food Hygiene Training
- Level 2 Award in HACCP
- Level 2 Award in Licensing
- Level 2 Conflict Management
- Substance Misuse Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- Level 3 PTLLS
- Training Skills and Practice
- Defib Supplies
“It was the most enjoyable course, I felt at ease and felt I learnt a lot.”
Little Teds Day Nursery, Paediatric First Aid Course, January 2010
" A great course, possible the most informative and easy to retain that I have participated in since childminding in 2000"
Sue Smith, Home From Home Childcare, September 2011