Online Booking for this Course is Currently Not Available
To enquire about booking this course
RYA First Aid Course
60 miles out to sea and something goes wrong ... you will want some basic first aid training to be able to assist until the helicopter gets to you!
Contact Good Skills Training today to find out why our customers come back time and time again to have their staff first aid trained by us ...
RYA First Aid Course Overview
The RYA First Aid Course is designed for water users to give them the knowledge and practical skills to assist in an emergency and includes subjects such as drowning, cold water shock and hypothermia, as well as the usual subjects you would expect to see in a one day first aid course.
The RYA First Aid Course meets the requirements for all water based instructors to hold a relevant first aid qualification that includes drowning and effects of the heat and cold. Good Skills Training is a recognised centre with the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) to deliver this course. We deliver this course at our partners classrooms in Suffolk and in-house across the UK. This 1 day course is suitable for anyone who is interested in water sports who wish to be able to assist in an emergency.
Our aim at Good Skills Training is that all learners should enjoy their RYA First Aid Course and that by the end of their course all learners should be safe, prompt, effective and confident first aiders on the water.
RYA First Aid Course Syllabus
- What is First Aid
- Responsibilities of the First Aider
- Primary Assessment
- Secondary Assessment
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Asthma, Hyperventilation, Drowning and Cold Water Shock
- Shock and Bleeding
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Heart Attacks and Angina
- Bone, Joint and Muscle Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Burns and Scalds
- Effects of the Heat and Cold
- Stroke and Diabetes
- Sea Sickness and Dehydration
- 1 Hour on specialist areas (to be booked prior to the course), either;
- Cat C drugs for MCA coded boats and helicopter rescue or
- Weils disease, blue green algae, child CPR or other required subjects.
RYA First Aid Course Duration
- 7 Guided Learning Hours.
- Usually run over 1 Day, 10:00 - 18:00
RYA First Aid Course Prerequisite
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
- Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that any learners may have prior to the course, so that we can cater for these.
RYA First Aid Course Assessment Process
- This course is continually assessed by our trainer.
RYA First Aid Course Renewal Process
- Every 3 years learners will be required to undertake an RYA First Aid Course to renew their qualification.
In-house RYA First Aid Course Enquiry/Quote Request
Please contact us for more information
- First Aid Training
- HSE Emergency First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Training Course
- HSE First Aid at Work Requalification Training Course
- First Aid Annual Refresher Training Course
- Paediatric First Aid Training Course
- Basic Life Support Training
- First Aid for Schools Training Course
- First Aid for Foster Carers Training Course
- Anaphylactic Awareness and Epi Pen Training
- RYA First Aid Training Course
- First Response Training Course
- Training Young People in First Aid
- Bespoke First Aid Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- AED (Defib) Training
- Health and Safety Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Fire Safety Training
- Food Hygiene Training
- Level 2 Award in HACCP
- Level 2 Award in Licensing
- Level 2 Conflict Management
- Substance Misuse Training
- First Aid Instructor Training
- Level 3 PTLLS
- Training Skills and Practice
- Defib Supplies
"Excellent Course, very informative."
Public Course Candidate on an RYA First Aid Course, Alton Water Sports Centre, October 2009