Basic Principles of HACCP Course
Basic Principles of HACCP Course (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point)
The Basic Principles of HACCP is a course aimed at caterers and other food handlers. The course is intended for candidates already working in catering and those who are preparing to work in the industry. The course will be especially useful for those involved in maintaining HACCP, and for those who are or will be part of a HACCP team. Our basic principles course is also able to be customised to meet specific sector requirements, please let us know if you require any customisation work for your course as this may require an extra fee.
Who is theBasic Principles of HACCP Course for?
- Staff who are involved in the HACCP team and have responsibilities in developing and maintaining the HACCP
What is in the Basic Principles of HACCP Course syllabus?
- Principles of HACCP
- Food safety management
- Implementation of HACCP
- Hazards and controls
- Critical control points, critical limits and target levels
- Corrective actions
- HACCP documentation
How long does it take to complete the Basic Principles of HACCP Course?
- This course is normally completed in one day
What will be included in my Basic Principles of HACCP Course?
- Training to national standards
- Manual for each learner
- Certificates on successfully completing the course and assessments for each person
How is the Basic Principles of HACCP Course Assessed?
- This course is continually assessed by the trainer
How is the Basic Principles of HACCP Course Certificated, or Accredited?
- The Basic Principles of HACCP Course is not an accredited course. If you require an OFQUAL qualification, please see the Highfield Level 2 Award in HACCP
- On successfully completing the assessment all learners receive an A4 certificate from Highfield Qualifications
How do I renew my Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety Course?
- There is no formal expiry on the Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Like other health and safety topics, there is a requirement that staff are kept up to date with any changes in legislation or best practice and undergo CPD
- Learners can undertake the ½ day Level 2 in Food Safety Refresher Course. Best practice is to sit this every 3-years
What routes for progression are there after my Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety Course?
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below