Basic Life Support Training
Basic Life Support Course
This ½ day course is ideal for anyone who requires Basic Life Support (BLS) training as part of their job, or for anyone who want to learn the basics to help save lives. Basic Life Support Training is a legal requirement in many sectors to ensure that staff can assist if a casualty stops breathing. This course is designed to refresh or give learners the confidence and skills in basic life support should they need to use them.
Who is the Basic Life Support Course for?
- Designed for anyone who requires training in basic life support for their job, such as:
- Dental Staff
- Other Health Staff
- Anyone who has an interest in basic life support (BLS)
What is in the Basic Life Support Course syllabus?
- Primary Assessment
- Secondary Assessment
- CPR & AED
How long does it take to complete the Basic Life Support Course?
- This course is normally completed over ½ a day, 3 contact hours
What will be included in my Basic Life Support Course?
- Training to national standards
- Certificates on successfully completing the course and assessments, for each person
How is the Basic Life Support Course Assessed?
- This course is continually assessed by our trainer
- If required we can carry out formal assessments on your staff for any due diligence check you may require, please speak to us for details
How is the Basic Life Support Course certificated, or Accredited?
- On successfully completing the assessment all learners receive an A4 certificate (we can produce credit card certificates as well if required, please ask us for details on this)
How do I renew my Basic Life Support Course?
- Depending on your sector you may need to complete this course annually
- We would recommend leaving it no longer than 3-years to renew your qualification
What routes for progression are there after my Basic Life Support Course?
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below.