Fire Marshal Course
Fire Marshal Course
The Fire Marshal Course is a half day course designed specifically for those who have been designated with the responsibilities of the Fire Marshal or Fire Warden. This course will look at the legal responsibilities of both the company and individual. By the end of this course delegates will be able to confidently and competent carry out theirs at-to-day duties as a fire marshal, as well as take charge in the event of a fire.
Who is the Fire Marshal Course for?
- Those appointed as fire marshals within premises
- Anyone with management responsibilities in a company who want to understand more about fire safety and the day-to-day management of fire safety
What is in the Fire Marshal Course syllabus?
- Causes of fire and how fire spreads
- Classes of fire and methods of extinction
- Fire risk assessment
- Fire prevention methods
- Action to be taken in the event of a fire
- Role and responsibilities of the fire marshal
- Fire drills
- Firefighting equipment
- Practical fire extinguisher session
How long does it take to complete the Fire Marshal Course?
- This course is normally completed in half a day, 3-4 contact hours.
- You can have two Fire Marshal Courses in a day, or you can combine your Fire Marshal Course with another course to form a full days training, such as the Fire Risk Assessor, AED, first aid annual refresher, or manual handling courses. Please ask for details on this.
What will be included in my Fire Marshal Course?
- Training to national standards
- Manual for each learner
- Practical fire extinguisher session, with water and CO2 extinguishers. A suitable outside area will be required for this
- Certificates on successfully completing the course and assessments for each person
How is the Fire Marshal Course Assessed?
- The course is continually assessed by our tutor
How is the Fire Marshal Course certificated, or Accredited?
- The Fire Marshal Course is certificated by Good Skills Training
- This course is not formally accredited, but will meet your legal requirements for providing suitable training for your fire marshals
- If you wold like an accredited qualification please see the Highfield Level 2 Award in Fire Safety
How do I renew my Fire Marshal Course?
- There is no formal expiry on Fire Marshal Training.
- Best practice is to renew your knowledge every 3-years
- The Fire Marshal Course is renewed by taking another half day Fire Marshal Course
What routes for progression are there after my Fire Marshal Course?
- Fire Risk Assessor Course
- Level 3 Award in Health and Safety
- Level 4 Award in Health and Safety
- IOSH Managing Safely (e-Learning)
- NEBOSH National General Certificate (e-Learning)