First Aid and AED Instructors Renewal Training Course
First Aid and AED Instructor Re-Qual Course
The First Aid and AED Train the Trainer Re-Qual Course is perfect for anyone who already teaches first aid and aed courses, but needs to renew their First Aid at Work Certificate. The course is made up of other First Aid Trainers and gives delegates the perfect chance to share best practice and look at different teaching methods, styles and actiivities for the various topics. The course will renew your FAW Certificate. The course will be delivered over 2 Full days to ensure it covers topics not covered on the normal FAW, such as paediatric first aid, anaphylaxis and use or tourniquets.
By the end of the course and on successful completion of all assessments, learners will be able to deliver a wide range of First Aid and AED course, both accredited and non-accredited.
Public First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Re-Qual Courses:
Please find below the dates, locations and booking form for our public course dates. If you do not see something straight away please wait a second as this sometimes take longer than the rest of the page to load. If you would like to enquire about hosting a public course at your venue, please call 01473 551911.
Who is the First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Re-Qual Course for?
- Exsiting First Aid Instructors
The Pre-requisites for this course are as follows:
- Be an exisiting First Aid Instructor and hold:
- relevant training and assessing qualifications
- valid first aid at work qualifiation, or be registered medical professional as laid down by your preferred awarding body, or the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB)
What is in the First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Re-Qual Syllabus?
- The First Aid and AED Instructors Course covers the syllabus of the First Aid at Work Course First Aid at Work Course, but with a focus on delivering First Aid and AED. Learners will be expected to deliver micro teach sessions and it is a good opportunity to share different ways of delivering the various first aid topics
How long does it take to complete the First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Re-Qual Course?
- This course is normally completed in two days
- Learners will be required to prepare a number of micro teach sessions
What will be included in my First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Re-Qual Course?
- Training to national standards
- Manuals for each learner
- Appropriate handouts
- Exam fees
- Certificates on successfully completing the course and assessments for each person
- Good Skills Training First Aid Trainer and Assessor Award
- Good Skills Training Defibrillator Trainer and Assessor Award
- First Aid at Work
- Paediatric First Aid
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Copies of monitoring assessments during the course
- Registration to the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB) for each person
How is the First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Re-Qual Course Assessed?
- Through a mixture of
- Multiple choice assessment
- Practical assessment
- Learners will be assessed on First Aid at Work
- Learners will be assessed on Paediatric First Aid
- Learners will be assessed on AED
How is the First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Course certificated, or Accredited?
- The First Aid elements of this course are accredited through the First Aid Industry Body
- Good Skills Training’s registration number is 1765/97 (132)
- Other elements of this course ensure that trainers meet the minimum requirements for delivering first aid as laid down by the HSE Guidance to meeting The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981
How do I renew my First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Re-Qual Course?
- There is a requirement for all First Aid and AED Trainers to renew their First Aid at Work Qualification
- We would advocate doing this with other First Aid Trainers on our First Aid and AED First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course
- All professional trainers should undertake annual CPD in their given field to ensure they are following current and accepted practices
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below