First Aid Annual Refresher Course
First Aid Annual Refresher - Skills Update
When an accident occurs within your workplace you really want your first aiders to be on the ball ... however two and a half years after their initial course, with no other CPD it is likely that your first aiders may feel less confident than if they had been given some refresher training in that time.
The Annual First Aid Refresher Course is strongly recommended by the HSE for all qualified first aiders ... whether it is the First Aid at Work Course or Emergency First Aid at Work Course you attended, this course should be in your diary every year.
Who is the First Aid Annual Refresher Course for?
- Anyone who hold a first aid certificate and would like to have a skills refresher and update of any changes in protocols since your course
What is in the First Aid Annual Refresher Course syllabus?
- Primary survey
- Basic principles of AED use – turning AED on, pad placement and following instructions
- Recovery position
- Practical bandaging session
- Updates in protocol changes if applicable
How long does it take to complete the First Aid Annual Refresher Course?
- This course is normally completed in half a day, 3 contact hours.
- This course can be combined with a full AED Course, Anaphylactic Reactions Course, or Oxygen Course. Please ask for details
What will be included in my First Aid Annual Refresher Course?
- Training to national standards
- Certificates on successfully completing the course and assessments for each person
How is the First Aid Annual Refresher Course Assessed?
- This course is not formally assessed, but learners will be monitored by the tutor throughout
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below