First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course
First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course
The First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course is a comprehensive, two-day course designed for those that already hold a valid First Aid at Work Certificate. The course is designed to refresh and renew the knowledge, skills and confidence of learners so they can help in most first aid situations found in the workplace. The First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course also looks at the responsibilities of the first aider. On successfully completing this course, attendees will be confident, safe, prompt and effective first aiders.
Who is the First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course for?
- Those that already hold a valid First Aid at Work Certificate
- If you do not hold a valid, in date First Aid at Work Certificate, you need the First Aid at Work Course
What is in the First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course syllabus?
- What is first aid
- Legal requirements of first aid in workplaces
- Responsibilities of the emergency first aider
- Primary survey
- Basic principles of AED use – turning AED on, pad placement and following instructions
- Recovery position
- Minor injuries – includes superficial burns, splinters, scrapes and grazes
- Breathing issues – includes asthma, hyperventilation & smoke inhalation
- Shock related conditions – includes heart attacks, angina, fainting & anaphylactic shock
- Head injuries – includes general bumps, concussion, cerebral compression, skull fractures, spinal injuries & strokes
- Bone joint and muscle injuries
How long does it take to complete the First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course?
- This course is normally completed over 2-days, 12 contact hours.
- The course can be run in consecutive days, or over two weeks.
- The course can be run over multiple sessions; however, this costs more to deliver the course in this way. Please let us know when booking the course that you require more than one session.
What will be included in my First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course?
- Training to national standards
- Manual for each learner
- Certificates on successfully completing the course and assessments, for each person
How is the First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course Assessed?
- Practical assessments to ensure competency in each assessment criteria
- Two written multiple-choice examinations
- 30-minute examination at the end of day one
- 30-minute examination on day three
- Each paper consists of 20 questions
- Pass mark for each paper is 15
How is the First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course certificated, or Accredited?
- The First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course is accredited through the First Aid Industry Body
- Good Skills Training’s registration number is 1765/97 (132)
- On successfully completing the assessment all learners receive an A4 certificate (we can produce credit card certificates as well if required, please ask us for details on this)
How do I renew my First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course?
- It is strongly recommended by the Health and Safety Executive that all first aiders undergo ½ day annual refresher training.
- The First Aid at Work Certificate is valid for 3 years. At this point you undertake a two day First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course.
What routes for progression are there after my Emergency First Aid at Work Course?
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below
Public First Aid at Work Re-qualification Courses
23453 | 15th & 16th October 2019 | 09:00 - 16:00 | Shanklin, Isle of Wight | £90 + vat per person | Book Now
22246 | 21st & 22nd November 2019 | 09:30 - 16:30 | Hadleigh, Suffolk | £130 + vat per person | Book Now
23566 | 26th & 27th February 2020 | 09:30 - 16:30 | Hadleigh, Suffolk | £136 + vat per person | Book Now
23570 | 14th & 15th July 2020 | 09:30 - 16:30 | Hadleigh, Suffolk | £136 + vat per person | Book Now
23578 | 11th & 12th November 2020 | 09:30 - 16:30 | Hadleigh, Suffolk | £136 + vat per person | Book Now
If you do not currently hold a First Aid at Work Certificate, then you wil need to attend a full First Aid at Work Course, dates can be found here.
If you would like to enquire about hosting a public course at your venue, please call 01473 551911, or your local office