First Aid for Schools Course
First Aid for Schools Course
The First Aid for Schools Course is a short course, that fits around the school day and is designed to give delegates the knowledge, skills and confidence to deal with basic first aid incidents that are common to the school environment. The First Aid for Schools Course is designed as a back up to the full first aider within the school, so that learners can deal with injuries and illnesses quickly. On successfully completing this course, attendees will have basic first aid knowledge to deal with unconscious casualties, bleeding and other common injuries and illnesses.
Who is the First Aid for Schools Course for?
- Teaching assistants
- Mid-day supervisors
- Other school staff
- This course can be adapted to be delivered to school children
What is in the First Aid for Schools Course syllabus?
This course is designed to give learners information and practice on a wide range of areas. The course does not assess competency in these topics. If you require an assessed course, we would recommend the First Aid at Work, or Paediatric First Aid Course. Topics covered include:
- First aid kits for schools and school trips
- Accident reporting
- Primary survey
- Recovery position
- CPR & basic AED use
- Anaphylactic shock
- Shock & bleeding
- Twists, slips, trips and falls
- Basics on head injuries
How long does it take to complete the First Aid for Schools Course?
- This course is normally completed in a day, normal hours are 09:00 – 15:00.
What will be included in my First Aid for Schools Course?
- Training to national standards
- Manual for each learner
- Certificates on successfully completing the course for each person
How is the First Aid for Schools Course Assessed?
- The First Aid for Schools Course is not assessed.
- This course is designed to impart information, but does not assess competency
How is the First Aid for Schools Course certificated, or accredited?
- The First Aid for Schools Course is not an accredited qualification.
- This course is a bespoke course, written specifically for the needs of School Staff and the common injuries they deal with.
- We would always recommend that schools have a number of fully qualified first aiders and then other staff who have undertaken this course, so that quick care can be given to children who become injured or ill.
- On successfully completing this course all learners receive an A4 certificate (we can produce credit card certificates as well if required, please ask us for details on this)
How do I renew my First Aid for Schools Course?
- The First Aid for Schools Certificate is valid for 3 years. At this point you undertake another First Aid for Schools Course.
What routes for progression are there after my First Aid for Schools Course?
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form beflow.