First Aid & AED Instructors Training Course
First Aid and AED Instructors Course
The First Aid and AED Instructor Course is a must for anyone looking to teach the full range of First Aid at AED Courses.
If you are wanting to teach first aid and AED courses, the Good Skills Training First Aid and AED Instructors Course is what you are looking for. This course will give you the required prerequisites to be able to go and register to teach first aid or AED with any awarding body. The course will also give those without an approved training and assessing qualification a valid qualification, the Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
As well as all this our First Aid and AED Instructors Course aims to give you the confidence to deliver fun and interactive sessions, so that learners are more likely to take in what you are teaching them and become safe, prompt, effective and confident first aiders.
What do I Get from the Course?
This five-day course uses the Level 3 Award in Education and Training syllabus as the starting point, but using First Aid as the method of delivery. This means that the course will update and refresh any prior knowledge you have on teaching and assessing and for those that require it you will undertake the assessments to gain this qualification as all first aid and AED trainers must hold valid training AND assessing qualifications.
Throughout the five days you will be required to devise and deliver micro teach sessions in various areas of first aid. These will all be monitored by our assessors and feedback from these sessions will be given to you as part of your portfolio.
The course will also refresh your first aid at work qualifications, at the end of the course you will have covered the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work. On top of this we will cover the missing topic areas to enable you to teach Paediatric First Aid and AED.
As well as the above qualifications you will be given the following:
- USB with PowerPoint, tutor notes and schemes of work for various first aid and AED courses.
- If required, we can add a company logo to these, please ask about this.
- All exam and certification fees
- Manuals for first aid and AED courses (four manuals)
- Where you are sitting the Level 3 Award in Education and Training the fee includes the appropriate manual for this course
- Key Ring with Face Shield & Gloves for each person
- First Aid Kit
- All course refreshments and lunch
What are the Pre-requisites for the First Aid and AED Instructors Course?
- All first aid trainers must have a current first aid at work certificate, or be a registered doctor, nurse or paramedic.
- This course is designed to give you techniques to deliver first aid content, not to teach you the first aid, therefore we require you to have a good understanding of first aid techniques.
- There is no formal pre-requisite, although it is advisable that learners have level 2 or equivalent in literacy, numeracy and ICT.
- This level of study (Level 3) is equivalent to A-Levels and learners should be prepared for this.
- This qualification is approved for those aged 19+
- Please inform us of any learning or physical specific needs that you may have.
What will be covered on the First Aid and AED Instructors Course?
Using first aid and AED as the mode of delivery, the following topic areas will be covered.
- Foundations of Education and Training
- Identifying Learners Needs
- Desigining Inclusive Learning
- Lesson Planning
- Effective Communication
How will I be assessed during the First Aid and AED Instructors Course?
The course is continually assessed for your first aid knowledge. You will undergo the First Aid at Work Assessments and be shown how to carry these out when you deliver the course.
As well as this if you are sitting the CIEH Level 3 Award in Education and Training you will produce of a portfolio of evidenve including specific assignments, delivery of a micro teach session, lasting between 20 and 30 minutes.
What is the length of the First Aid and AED Instructors Course?
The duration of the First Aid and AED instructors Course is 5 days. The course would be run 09:00 – 17:00. There will be homework set on each evening.
Public Course Dates & Prices:
20293 | 10th - 14th July 2017 | Hadleigh, Suffolk | Book Now
19952 | 14th - 18th August 2017 | Harlow, Essex | Book Now
20394 | 23rd - 27th October 2017 | Hadleigh, Suffolk | Book Now
19953 | 20th - 24th November 2017| Harlow, Essex | Book Now
First Aid and AED Instructors Course with CIEH Level 3 Award in Education and Training: £729 + vat per person
First Aid and AED Instructors Standalone: £399 + vat per person
First Aid & AED Instructors Re-qualification Course
19955 | 7th & 8th August 2017 | Harlow, Essex | £159 + vat per person | Book Now
Please contact us for a quote for an in-house course for four or more people.