HABC Level 2 Award Risk in Assessment Course Training Course
HABC Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment Course
The HABC Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment is an accredited qualification that is designed to introduce the principles of risk assessment. It covers why risk assessments are necessary, the legal requirements relating to them and simple processes for carrying them out.
It is suitable for learners working in any environment who need to be more risk aware by raising their knowledge of risk in the workplace and basic steps they can take to control it.
What Does the HABC Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment Cover?
- Main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill health
- Moral, legal and economic reasons for preventing accidents and ill health at work
- Key terms associated with risk assessment
- Role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention
- Legal requirements for risk assessment
- Processes for undertaking risk assessment
- Examples of occupational, environmental and human factors that can affect the level of risk from hazards at work
- Methods used to prioritise risks
- Requirements for providing information about, and records on the results of a risk assessment
HABC Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment Course Duration
- 6 Guided Learning Hours
- Usually 1 Day, 09:30 – 16:30
- Guided homework is set, usually before the course starts.
HABC Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment Course Prerequisite
- There is no formal pre-requisite, although it is advisable that learners have level 1 or equivalent in literacy, numeracy and ICT.
- This qualification is approved for those aged 14+
- Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that you may have.
HABC Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment Course Assessment Process
- 20 Question multiple choice examination, the pass mark is 13 or above
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below