HABC Level 4 Award in Health and Safety
HABC Level 4 Award in Managing Health and Safety
The Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace is a qualification aimed at supervisors and managers with a direct responsibility for health and safety management.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that supervisors and managers have legal and moral obligations to ensure health and safety within a business and that this includes obligations to employees, contractors, visitors and suppliers.
Key Features for the HABC Level 4 Award in Health and Safety
Who is the HABC Level 4 Award in Health and Safety for?
This qualification is aimed at learners currently working, or preparing to work, as supervisors and managers with a direct responsibility for health and safety management.
Max. Learners per Tutor
HABC Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace Course Syllabus
- Understand the requirements for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand the benefits of using a safety management system
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Understand the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards
HABC Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace Course Prerequisite
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course although it would be beneficial if delegates have undergone a Level 3 Health and Safety Course.
- Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that any learners may have prior to the course, so that we can cater for these.
HABC Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace Course Assessment Process
- This qualification is assessed in two parts:
- Centre-set and marked assessment of two sections. Learners are expected to undertake the following
- Section 1: Undertake a risk assessment
- Section 2: Construct a safe system of work
- Examination consisting of two sections with a total duration of 2.5 hours:
- Section 1 contains 30 multiple-choice questions.
- Total marks available in this section are 30.
- Section 2 contains six longer written questions from which the learner answers four of their choice.
- Total marks available in this section are 70.
- You need to achieve 60% combined mark to pass
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below