Highfield Level 1 Award in Food Safety Course
Highfield Level 1 Award in Food Safety
The Level 1 Award in Food Safety Course is a half-day course designed to prepare those who want to work with food for employment, or for people working in a low-risk role, where there is an element of food handling, such as bar work, waiting staff, health care workers, kitchen porters and stock room staff.
Food safety legislation requires that all food handlers receive appropriate training in food hygiene, in line with their work activities so they can handle food safely. This course is an introduction to food safety, if you or your staff handle high risk foods, then you should look to complete the Level 2 as a minimum.
Who is the Highfield Level 1 Award in Food Safety Course for?
- Staff have some food handling as part of their job
- College or school students undertaking food or catering courses needing an introduction to food safety
- Anyone with a basic interest in basic food hygiene
- People undertaking this qualification must be 14 years of age, or above
What is in the Highfield Level 1 Award in Health Food Safety Course syllabus?
- An introduction to food safety
- Food safety hazards and controls
- Personal hygiene
- Safe storage and preparation of food
How long does it take to complete the Highfield Level 1 Award in Food Safety Course?
- This course is normally completed in half a day
What will be included in my Highfield Level 1 Award in Food Safety Course?
- Training to national standards
- Manual for each learner
- Exam fees
- Certificates on successfully completing the course and assessments for each person
How is the Highfield Level 1 Award in Food Safety Course Assessed?
- Multiple choice examination:
- 30 minutes
- 15 questions
- Pass mark is 60%
How is the Highfield Level 1 Award in Food Safety Course certificated, or Accredited?
- This course is an OFQUAL accredited qualification through Highfield Qualifications
- Qualification Number 603/2615/3
- On successfully completing the assessment all learners receive an A4 certificate from Highfield Qualifications
How do I renew my Highfield Level 1 Award in Food Safety Course?
- There is no formal expiry on the Level 1 Award in Food Safety
- Like other health and safety topics, there is a requirement that staff are kept up to date with any changes in legislation or best practice and undergo CPD
What routes for progression are there after my Highfield Level 1 Award in Food Safety Course?
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 2 Award in HACCP
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below