Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety
Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety
The HABC Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering is a qualification aimed at supervisors, team leaders and line managers working in the catering industry. This includes those working in Care.
The qualification is also suitable for those owning/managing a smaller catering business. Learners gaining this qualification will know and be able to apply the knowledge relating to the supervisor’s role at all stages of food production. They will understand the role of the supervisor in food preparation and be able to provide examples of effective supervisory management relating to food production.
Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
Public Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety Courses
Who is the Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety Course for?
- Supervisors, chefs, managers, directors and business owners from a food business
- Anyone interested in supervising food safety
- People undertaking this qualification must be 14 years of age, or above
- It is recommended that learners already possess a Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or equivalent
HABC Level 3 Food Safety Course Syllabus
- The requirements for ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
- The application and monitoring of good personal hygiene practice, training and competency
- The application and monitoring of good practice to keep work areas clean, hygienic and free from pests
- The application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control
- How to implement food safety management procedures
How long does it take to complete the Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety Course?
- This course is normally completed in three days, with 20 guided learning hours.
- The course can be run with less contact and guided pre-course work. Because of the intensity required, this option is only possible for learners with strong spoken and written English language skills
- The course can be run over multiple days; however, this costs more to deliver the course in this way. Please let us know when booking the course that you require more than one session.
HABC Level 3 Food Safety Course Prerequisite
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course, although it would be beneficial if learners have completed a Level 2 Food Safety Course.
- Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that any learners may have prior to the course, so that we can cater for these
What will be included in my Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety Course?
- Training to national standards
- Manual for each learner
- Exam fees
- Certificates on successfully completing the course and assessments for each person
HABC Level 3 Food Safety Course Assessment Process
- This qualification is assessed through a 60-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 2 hours.
- Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 40 out of 60. Learners will receive a Merit if they achieve 50 out of 60.
How is the Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety Course certificated, or Accredited?
- This course is an OFQUAL accredited qualification through Highfield Qualifications
- Highfield Food Safety Level 3 Award in Catering Qualification Number 603/2087/4
- Highfield Food Safety Level 3 Award in Manufacturing Qualification Number 603/2088/6
- Highfield Food Safety Level 3 Award in Retail Qualification Number 603/2104/0
- On successfully completing the assessment all learners receive an A4 certificate from Highfield Qualifications
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety Data Sheet
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering Course Specification
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Retail Course Specification
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing Course Specification
What routes for progression are there after my Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety Course?
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below