HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
The HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering is a qualification aimed at caterers and other food handlers. The qualification is intended for learners already working in catering and those who are preparing to work in the industry.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food. Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
Key Features for the HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
Who is the HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals who are, or intend to be, food handlers working in catering. It is also appropriate for those providing services to catering premises including pest-control operators, maintenance engineers, cleaners, and laundry and delivery personnel.
Max. Learners per Tutor
HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety Outline
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- Understand the importance of keeping him/herself clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping food safe
HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering Course Assessment Process
- This qualification is assessed through a 30-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 1 hour.
- Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 20 out of 30.
HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering Course Prerequisite
- It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy, or equivalent
- Please let us know about any special requirements you require for your learners
HABC Level 2 in Food Safety in Catering Course Renewal Process
- Every 3 years delegates should undertake a Level 2 Food Safety Refresher Course.
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below