HABC Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Supervisors
HABC Level 3 Award in Food Safety
The HABC Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering is a qualification aimed at supervisors, team leaders and line managers working in the catering industry. This includes those working in Care.
The qualification is also suitable for those owning/managing a smaller catering business. Learners gaining this qualification will know and be able to apply the knowledge relating to the supervisor’s role at all stages of food production. They will understand the role of the supervisor in food preparation and be able to provide examples of effective supervisory management relating to food production.
Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
Key Features for the HABC Level 3 Award in Food Safety
Who is the HABC Level 3 Award in Food Safety for?
This qualification is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and line managers working in the catering industry including those working in the care sector. The qualification is also suitable for those who own/manage a small catering business.
Max. Learners per Tutor
Onsite Course Fee
£1687 + vat for up to 12 people
What is included in the price?
- Training at your venue
- Manual for each person
- Exam fees
- Certificates on passing the course
HABC Level 3 Food Safety Course Syllabus
- Understanding the role of the supervisor in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
- Understand the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice
- Understand how to implement food safety management procedures
- Understand the role of the supervisor in staff training
HABC Level 3 Food Safety Course Prerequisite
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course, although it would be beneficial if learners have completed a Level 2 Food Safety Course.
- Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that any learners may have prior to the course, so that we can cater for these
HABC Level 3 Food Safety Course Assessment Process
- This qualification is assessed through a 60-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 2 hours.
- Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 40 out of 60. Learners will receive a Merit if they achieve 50 out of 60.