HABC Level 4 Award for Managing Food Safety
HABC Level 4 Award in Food Safety
This accredited qualification ensures that managers are aware of the procedures and standards required to make sure that safe food is served at all times and that due diligence is taken.
The Level 4 Award in Food Safety is the most up-to-date available and focuses on current and emerging issues relating to microbiology, chemical contamination and food allergens. This qualification is fully compliant with industry and regulatory standards as well as being recognised by environmental health practitioners, auditors and other enforcement officers.
Key Features for the HABC Level 4 Award in Food Safety
Who is the HABC Level 4 Award in Food Safety for?
This qualification is aimed at managers working in a food or drink catering environment. The qualification is intended for learners already working in catering, or those who are preparing to work in the industry, and whose job requires them to have some responsibility for food safety. Learners are likely to have management responsibilities for an operational team.
Max. Learners per Tutor
Onsite Course Fee
£3215 + vat for up to 12 people
What is included in the price?
- Training at your venue
- Manual for each person
- Exam fees
- Certificates on passing the course
HABC Level 4 Food Safety Course Syllabus
- Understand how food business operators can ensure compliance with food safety legislation.
- Understand the operational requirements needed to ensure food safety.
- Understand how to establish food safety management procedures.
- Understand the controls required for food safety.
- Understand how to maintain food safety management procedures.
HABC Level 4 Food Safety Course Prerequisite
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course, although it would be beneficial if learners have completed a Level 3 Food Safety Course.
- It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 2 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
- Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that any learners may have prior to the course, so that we can cater for these
HABC Level 4 Food Safety Course Assessment Process
- This qualification is assessed through a 2-part examination.
- Part one is a 30-question multiple-choice examination.
- Part two is a written examination where learners choose 4 from 6 questions. The total mark available in this section is 70 marks.
- Successful learners must achieve a total of at least 60 marks out of 100 across the two parts of the exam. A Merit will be awarded at 70/100 and a Distinction will be awarded at 80/100.
- The duration of the examination is 2 ½ hours