HABC Level 2 Award for Personal License Holders
HABC Level 2 Award for Personal License Holders (APLH)
The HABC Level 2 Award for Personal License Holders is a qualification aimed at anyone working in or preparing to work in any industry that involves the retail sale of alcohol. It is a prerequisite for anyone who wishes to hold a personal license.
Our aim at Good Skills Training is that all learners should enjoy their Level 2 Personal License Holders Course and that by the end of their course all learners should be confidently aware of their legal duties as a personal license holder.
HABC Level 2 Award for Personal License Holders (APLH) Course Duration
- 8 Guided Learning Hours.
- Usually run over 1 day, 09:00 – 17:00.
- This is an intensive course and there will be some homework set prior to the course to assist with the learning process and to ensure learners meet the minimum learning hours.
HABC Level 2 Award for Personal License Holders (APLH) Outline
- Understand the nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal license
- Understand the application process and legal duties when applying for a personal license
- Understand the legal duties of a personal license holder
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- Understand the licensing objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives
- Understand the nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
- Understand the law in relation to premises licenses
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
- Understand the law in relation to Temporary Event Notices
- Understand the rights and legal duties of the responsible persons in relation to operation of licensed premises
- Understand the law in relation to the protection of children on licensed premises
- Understand the powers of the police and other authorities in relation to licensed premises
- Understand prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licensable activities
HABC Level 2 Award for Personal License Holders (APLH) Course Assessment Process
- This qualification is assessed through a 40-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 1 hour.
- Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 28 out of 40.