Manual Handling Course
Manual Handling Course
The Manual Handling Course is a half day course designed for those looking to gain the knowledge and skills to carry out manual handling tasks. Moving and Handling is a key part of the day for many employees in the UK and along with other musculoskeletal disorders, equate for more than a third of work-related injuries.
Manual Handling Course Dates:
Please find below the dates, locations and booking form for our public course dates. If you do not see something straight away please wait a second as this sometimes take longer than the rest of the page to load. If you would like to enquire about hosting a public course at your venue, please call 01473 551911, or your local office
21723 | 24th September 2018 | 13:00 - 16:30 | Hadleigh, Suffolk | £69 + vat per person | Book Now
21768 | 14th November 2018 | 09:30 - 12:30 | Newport, Isle of Wight | £45 + vat per person | Book Now
21721 | 5th December 2018 | 13:00 - 16:30 | Hadleigh, Suffolk | £69 + vat per person | Book Now
Who is the Manual Handling Course for?
- All staff members
- Anyone with an interest in manual handling tasks
What is in the Manual Handling Course syllabus?
- Manual handling legislation
- What is manual handling
- Hierarchy of control relating to manual handling
- Common workplace injuries, relating to manual handling
- Risk assessing manual handling tasks
- Generic assessments
- Dynamic assessments
- Safe lifting
- Unsafe lifting
- Practical lifting exercises
- RSI prevention exercises
How long does it take to complete the Manual Handling Course?
- This course is normally completed in half a day, 3 guided learning hours
- You can have two Fire Marshal Courses in a day, or you can combine your Fire Marshal Course with another course to form a full days training, such as the Fire Risk Assessor, AED, first aid annual refresher, or manual handling courses. Please ask for details on this
What will be included in my Manual Handling Course?
- Training to national standards
- Manual for each learner
- Certificates on successfully completing the course and assessments for each person
How is the Fire Marshal Course certificated, or Accredited?
- The Manual Handling Course is not an accredited qualification
- On successfully completing the assessment all learners receive an A4 certificate from Good Skills Training
How do I renew my Manual Handling Course?
- It is recommended that people requalify their Manual Handling Certificate every 3-years, by undertaking another Manual Handling Course
Coming Soon, please call 01473 551911 for details
What routes for progression are there after my Manual Handling Course?
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form beflow.