Remote First Aid and AED Instructors Course with QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training
First Aid and AED Instructors Course with QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training
In 2020 because of the situation with COVID-19, we have developed our remote delivery version of the First Aid and AED Train the Trainer Course with the aim to reduce the amount of face-to-face time and make the most of current technology, to bring our classroom to you remotely. This will involve a mixture of pre-course research and reading, online tutor led sessions, homework, assessed portfolio work and two face-to-face assessment days. You will also be able to access tutor support via email and telephone for the duration of your course as well.
The First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Corse looks to equip potential First Aid Trainers with the skills, knowledge and qualifications required to teach first aid at work and other associated courses. Your course will follow the QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training syllabus but using First Aid and AED as the focus of delivery. All your micro teach sessions will be in First Aid, to enable you to start building your portfolio of evidence.
Who is the First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Course for?
- Individual’s looking to deliver First Aid and AED Courses
- Organisations looking to develop their training team to deliver First Aid at Work and AED programs
The Pre-requisites for this course are as follows:
- The QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training is aimed at those over 19.
- Candidates should be at least a level 2 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
- Those attending the course should also be computer literate
- You will need a web cam and microphone and access to good quality internet that can cope with online calls.
- You must hold a current First Aid at Work Qualification (Full 3-day), or be a registered doctor, nurse or paramedic.
- There are no other pre-requisites for this qualification.
How long does it take to run the First Aid Instructor Course
Good Skills Training normally deliver the course via blended remote learning. The course will be run through six 2-hour, online sessions using Microsoft Teams, directed homework and coursework and two full face-to-face day (usually at our training centre in Hadleigh, Suffolk), 09:00 – 17:00.
- Teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- The relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Planning inclusive teaching and learning
- Delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Evaluating the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Types and methods of assessment used in education and training
- How to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- The role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment process
- Requirements for keeping records of assessment in education and training
What will be included in my First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Course?
- Training to national standards
- Manuals for each learner
- Appropriate handouts
- Exam fees
- Certificates on successfully completing the course and assessments for each person
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Good Skills Training First Aid Trainer and Assessor Award
- Good Skills Training Defibrillator Trainer and Assessor Award
- Copies of monitoring assessments during the course
- Registration to the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB) for each person
- Access to the following PowerPoint Presentations and Schemes of Work
- First Aid at Work (initial and requal)
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Paediatric First Aid
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Basic Life Support
- Emergency Treatment of Anaphylactic Shock
How is the First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Course Assessed?
- Through a mixture of
- Multiple choice assessment
- Practical assessment
- Portfolio of evidence
- Micro-teach sessions
How is the First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Course certificated, or Accredited?
- This course is made up of a number of features
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an OFQUAL accredited qualification, Qualification Number 601/4446/4
- The First Aid elements of this course are accredited through the First Aid Industry Body
- Good Skills Training’s registration number is 1765/97 (132)
- Other elements of this course ensure that trainers meet the minimum requirements for delivering first aid as laid down by the HSE Guidance to meeting The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981
How do I renew my First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Course?
- There is a requirement for all First Aid and AED Trainers to renew their First Aid at Work Qualification
- We would advocate doing this with other First Aid Trainers on our First Aid and AED First Aid at Work Re-Qualification Course
- All professional trainers should undertake annual CPD in their given field to ensure they are following current and accepted practices
Public Course Dates
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below