Risk Assessment Course
Risk Assessment Course
The Risk Assessment Course is a one day course, that looks at why risk assessing is a fundamental part of health and safety in any business. The course also looks at the principles and practices of risk assessing with practical case studies. By the end of this course, learners should be confident in carrying out basic risk assessments and know where to find information to help them complete these.
Who is the Risk Assessment Course for?
- Staff members
- Anyone with an interest in risk assessment
What is in the Risk Assessment Course syllabus?
- What is Risk Assessment
- Accidents and near misses
- Ill health
- Risk assessment legislation & enforcement
- Practical risk assessment
- Generic risk assessments
- Dynamic risk assessments
- Identifying hazards
- Identifying who could be affected and how
- Evaluate risks
- Record significant findings
How long does it take to complete the Risk Assessment Course?
- This course is normally completed in one day, 6 contact hours
What will be included in my Risk Assessment Course?
- Training to national standards
- Manual for each learner
- Certificates on successfully completing the course
How is the Risk Assessment Course Assessed?
- The Risk Assessment Course is assessed by carrying out a practical risk assessment case study at the end of the course
How is the Risk Assessment Course certificated, or Accredited?
- The Risk Assessment Course is not an accredited qualification
- This course follows much of the syllabus as the Highfield Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment and meets any legal requirement for information and training
- If you require an accredited qualification, please see the Highfield Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment
- On successfully completing the assessment all learners receive an A4 certificate (we can produce a credit card style certificate as well if required. Please ask for details and pricing)
How do I renew my Risk Assessment Course?
- There is no formal expiry on the Risk Assessment Course
- As with all health and safety training, there is a requirement that staff have up to date knowledge and skills. It would therefore, be worthwhile that staff undergo periodic refresher training, we normally recommend every 3-years.
What routes for progression are there after my Risk Assessment Course?
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace
Booking an onsite course:
To enquire about an onsite course for your staff, please either call our head office, 01473 551911, or one of our local offices, or fill in the enquiry form below