Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course has been designed to meet the first aid training needs of newly qualified level two or three early years childcare staff working in settings, such as nurseries, schools, childminders etc. To fully meet the requirements for paediatric first aid trained personnel, you will need staff trained to the full Paediatric First Aid Course level.
This course is accredited through the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB), however we can also offer OFQUAL regulated Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid through either Highfield Qualifications or QNUK.
Who is the Course For?
Newly qualified childcare staff, foster carers, parents and others that work with children, or would like to know how to administer emergency first aid to children and babies
- Assess an incident involving a child or baby
- Primary survey
- Unresponsive breathing child or baby
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) for children and babies
- Choking children or babies
- Wounds and bleeding
- Casualties suffering from shock
- The Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course is aimed at those over 16.
- It is recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- Learners are required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore learners must be physically capable of doing this.
6 contact hours.
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over 1-day, 09:30 – 16:30.
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper and practical assessment.
Emergency Paediatric First Aid Certificates are valid for 3-years. To renew your certificate, you must undergo another Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course.