Highfield Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The Highfield Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace has been designed specifically for managers or supervisors with a direct responsibility for health and safety management. The qualification is intended for learners already working in the capacity of supervisor or manager and those who are preparing to start work at this level. Supervisors and managers have legal and moral obligations to ensure health and safety within a business, this includes obligations to employees, contractors, visitors and suppliers.
Who is the Course For?
Anyone with an interest in managing health & safety
- Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees and the law
- The costs and effects of poor health and safety standards
- Health and safety management within organisations
- Management and auditing processes
- Developing, implementing and recording risk assessments
- Developing, implementing and recording safe systems of work
- This qualification is approved for delivery to learners aged 16+.
- It is recommended that learners already possess a Level 3 Health and Safety qualification
- It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 2 in literacy or equivalent.
40 guided learning hours
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over 5-days, 09:00 – 17:00
Face-to-Face or Remote Learning
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
This qualification is assessed in two parts:
Part 1: Learners are expected to undertake the following activities:
- Undertake a risk assessment
- Construct a safe system of work
Part 2: Written examination – total duration 3 hours. The examination will take the form of a written case study and learners must answer the questions set in relation to the case study provided in the exam paper.
There is no requirement to requalify this course, however, learners should undertake regular CPD, that may include retaking this course from time to time.