Qualify at Home Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering Course
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
By law, food business operators must ensure that food handlers receive the appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene. The Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering is suitable for those working in a catering environment who are responsible for handling food. It is also the most popular food safety qualification accepted by enforcement officers and auditors.
The ‘Qualify at Home’ course allows you to learn and qualify from home, wherever you are, whatever your circumstances and to sit a regulated exam under conditions set out by Ofqual, in your own home.
Who is the Course For?
Food handlers in a catering environment, and anyone with an interest in food safety practices.
- The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
- Good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
- Keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
- Safe waste disposal
- Pest control
- To register on to this qualification, learners are required to be 14 years of age or above.
- It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent.
Qualify at Home, delivered and assessed online.
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper.
As with all food safety training it is recommended that staff undergo regular refresher training and, or CPD. It is best practice that this is every 3-years.