Manual Handling Train the Trainers
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The Manual Handling Train the Trainers Course for inhouse trainers, who wish to deliver inhouse staff training on various manual handling techniques. This course will give inhouse trainers the skills, knowledge and confidence to teach and assess manual handling to their colleagues.
Who is the Course For?
- Manual handling legislation
- What is manual handling
- Hierarchy of control relating to manual handling
- Common workplace injuries, relating to manual handling
- Risk assessing manual handling tasks
- Generic assessments
- Dynamic assessments
- Safe lifting
- Unsafe lifting
- Practical lifting exercises
- RSI prevention exercises
- Training techniques for manual handling
- Micro teach sessions
- Whilst there are no formal prerequisites for this course, it is recommended that attendees have some formal prior manual handling experience.
- This course is a practical course on manual handling and learners must be able to physically demonstrate manual handling skills
- It is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level 1 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- Learners should be at least 18 years old in order to undertake the qualification.
12 contact hours.
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over two days, 09:30 – 16:30
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
This course is assessed through practical assessment and multiple choice theory assessment
This course requires requalification every-3 years, via an Manual Handling course, or another Manual Handling Train the Trainer Course. Learners should also undertake regular CPD to ensure their knowledge is current and updated.