Evac-Chair Train the Trainer Course
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
Evacuation chairs help to evacuate immobile or fragile people in an emergency down escape stairs. Correct handling of an evacuation chair is very important to avoid injury or strain. The Evac-Chair Train the Trainer Course takes staff through the Evac-Chair Course in the morning, whilst in the afternoon the course will look at training techniques and allow participants to practice using the Evac-Chair and deliver Micro-Teach Sessions. By the end of this course participants will have the skills, knowledge and confidence to run Evac-Chair Courses.
Who is the Course For?
Inhouse trainers looking to deliver Evac-Chair Training.
Professional Health and Safety Trainers looking to add Evac-Chair Training to their portfolio.
- Legal responsibilities
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPS)
- Techniques for other methods
- What is an evacuation chair?
- Steps for using an evacuation chair
- Practical use of an evacuation chair
- Training regime for using an evacuation chair
- Training techniques for Evac Chair
- Micro teach sessions
- Participants must be physically able to use the Evac-Chair.
- For in-house courses the Evac-Chair will need to be available during the course as well as a suitable set of stairs.
7 contact hours
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course 09:00 – 17:00.
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
The requalification of Evac-Chair Train the Trainers Training is carried out by attending another course at least every 3-years.