Evacuation Chair Course
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
Evacuation chairs help to evacuate immobile or fragile people in an emergency down escape stairs. Correct handling of an evacuation chair is very important to avoid injury or strain. The Evac-Chair Course trains staff how to correctly, and confidently, use the Evacuation Chair in an emergency situation.
Who is the Course For?
Any staff that may be involved in helping those in a wheelchair evacuate a building in an emergency, using an evacuation chair.
- Legal responsibilities
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPS)
- Techniques for other methods
- What is an evacuation chair?
- Steps for using an evacuation chair
- Practical use of an evacuation chair
- Training regime for using an evacuation chair
- Participants must be physically able to use the Evac-Chair.
- For in-house courses the Evac-Chair will need to be available during the course as well as a suitable set of stairs.
3 contact hours.
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course 09:00 – 12:15.
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
The requalification of Evac-Chair Training is carried out by attending another Evac-Chair Course at least every 2-years.