QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid for Sport
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid for Sport qualification is aimed at those undertaking the role of an emergency first aider in a sporting environment, for example PE teachers and sports coaches. The Qualification also meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981 (1982 NI) for training qualified first aiders in small, low risk organisations.
Who is the Course For?
Nominated first aiders in small, low risk sporting environments
Others with an interest in first aid in a sporting context
The QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid for Sport covers the syllabus required under ‘The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, which can be found on the HSE web site. Along with this the course allows extra time for injuries commonly found in sporting environments to be covered.
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing first aid incidents, including primary survey
- Unconscious casualties, including seizure & recovery position
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Choking casualties
- Wounds and bleeding
- Casualties suffering from shock
- Minor injuries, including grazes, splinters and minor scalds and burns
- Bones, joint and muscle injuries
- Head injuries
- The QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid for Sport is aimed at those over 16.
- It is recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- Learners are required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore learners must be physically capable of doing this.
- There are no other prerequisites for this qualification.
8 guided learning hours (contact hours)
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over 1-day, 08:30 – 17:30
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper and practical assessment.
QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid for Sport certificates are valid for 3-years. Before the expiry date of their QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid for Sport certificate, learners must resit the course.
It is also strongly recommended by the HSE that all First Aiders undergo annual refresher training.