Highfield Level 2 Award in HACCP for Catering
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
Implementing a food-safety management system, based on HACCP is a requirement for all food handling industries, this is the systematic process to reduce the risks that food can have on the consumer. The Highfield Level 2 Award in HACCP in Catering is suitable for anyone working in a food handling environment, who are responsible for undertaking HACCP, or where they are working in the HACCP Team.
Who is the Course For?
Food handler in the HACCP Team, or anyone with an interest in HACCP.
- The role of the food handler in implementing a Food Safety Management System based on HACCP principles
- Prerequisite programmes
- The steps required to develop HACCP based food safety systems
- Identifying hazards at each step in a food process
- Implementing and monitoring control measures, including safe limits
- Corrective actions
- Importance of reviewing HACCP
- Documentation and records needed to support HACCP
- To register on to this qualification, learners are required to be 16 years of age or above.
- It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent.
6 contact hours.
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over five days, 09:30 – 16:30.
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper.
As with all food safety training it is recommended that staff undergo regular refresher training and, or CPD. It is best practice that this is every 3-years.