Manual Handling for Early Years Settings Training
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The Manual Handling for Early Years Staff Course is a half day course designed for those working in an early-years setting, looking to gain the knowledge and skills to carry out day-to-day manual handling tasks. Moving and Handling is a key part of the day for many early years workers and along with other musculoskeletal disorders, equate for more than a third of work-related injuries across all work sectors in the UK.
Who is the Course For?
All staff working in early years environment
- Manual handling legislation
- What is manual handling
- Hierarchy of control relating to manual handling
- Common workplace injuries, relating to manual handling
- Risk assessing manual handling tasks
- Generic assessments
- Dynamic assessments
- Good handling techniques
- Do’s and do nots of safe lifting techniques
- Practical lifting exercises common to early years settings
- The Manual Handling for Early Years Course is aimed at those over 16
- Learners are required to demonstrate safe manual handling techniques as they would be applied in a real environment, therefore learners must be physically capable of doing this.
3 contact hours
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over half a-day, 09:30 – 12:45
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
The Manual Handling for Early Years Course is Assessed through a practical demonstration.
Manual Handling Training should be refreshed at regular intervals, every 3-years is a good guide to this. To renew your certificate, you will need to attend another Manual Handling for Early Years Course.