First Aid Train the Trainer Course with QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The First Aid & AED Train the Trainer Course looks to equip potential First Aid Trainers with the skills, knowledge and qualifications required to teach first aid at work and other associated courses. Your course will follow the QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training syllabus, but using First Aid and AED as the focus of delivery. All of your micro teach sessions will be in First Aid, to enable you to start building your portfolio of evidence.
This course can be delivered either 100% face-to-face, or via blended remote learning. When delivered face-to-face, the course is delivered over 5-full days. Our remote delivery version of the First Aid and AED Train the Trainer Course was developed with the aim to reduce the amount of face-to-face time and make the most of current technology, to bring our classroom to you remotely. This will involve a mixture of pre-course research and reading, online tutor led sessions, homework, assessed portfolio work and two face-to-face assessment days. You will also be able to access tutor support via email and telephone for the duration of your course as well.
Who is the Course For?
Individuals looking to enter the professional Training Industry
Individuals already working in a training capacity looking to upskill or gain an accredited qualification
The First Aid Train the Trainer Course with QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training Course follows the syllabus of the Level 3 Award in Education and Training, but with a focus on delivering and assessing First Aid and AED sessions. The syllabus will include:
- Teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- The relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Planning inclusive teaching and learning
- Delivering inclusive teaching and learning
- Evaluating the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
- Types and methods of assessment used in education and training
- How to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- The role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment process
- Requirements for keeping records of assessment in education and training
- This qualification is available to those over 19 years. Candidates should hold at least level 2 numeracy and literacy or equivalent and be computer literate.
- You will need a web cam and microphone and access to good quality internet that can cope with online calls.
- You must hold a current First Aid at Work Qualification (Full 3-day), or be a registered doctor, nurse or paramedic.
- In all cases you must have good first aid knowledge, this course is designed to teach you how to deliver first aid, not to teach you how to do the first aid. Learners without sufficient first aid knowledge will not be able to complete the course.
The First Aid Train the Trainer Course with QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training can be delivered in two ways, either fully face-to-face, or via remote blended learning.
5-full day’s training
Remote blended Learning:
6 x 2-hour online tutor led sessions
2 x Face-to-face assessment days
This is an intensive course, which should be considered when booking onto the course. There is pre-course reading and preparation work required, along with homework set each evening. There will also be coursework to complete with deadlines agreed by the learners and tutor on the course.
Face-to-face, or blended learning
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Candidates are required to complete a portfolio of evidence, including completion of written assignments, lesson plans, self-evaluations, peer evaluations and delivery of an assessed micro teach session.