Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
By law, food business operators must ensure that food handlers receive the appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene. The Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing is suitable for those working in a manufacturing environment who are responsible for handling food. It is also the most popular food safety qualification accepted by enforcement officers and auditors.
This course can be delivered and assessed online through the Qualify at Home system, contact us for more information.
Who is the Course For?
Food handler in a manufacturing environment, also anyone with an interest in food safety practices.
- The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
- Good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
- Keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
- Safe waste disposal
- Pest control
- To register on to this qualification, learners are required to be 14 years of age or above.
- It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent.
7 contact hours.
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over one day, 09:00 – 17:00.
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper.
As with all food safety training it is recommended that staff undergo regular refresher training and, or CPD. It is best practice that this is every 3-years.