Highfield Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling Course
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The Highfield Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling Course will introduce learners to moving and handling activities required for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling. Moving and Handling is a key part of the day for many employees in the UK and along with other musculoskeletal disorders, equate for more than a third of work-related injuries.
Who is the Course For?
Anyone who carries out any manual handling tasks in their job
Anyone with an interest in manual handling
- The reasons for safe manual handling
- How manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- The principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
- There are no prerequisites for this qualification, however it is recommended that learners have a
minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
- This qualification is approved for delivery to learners aged 14+
1 Day, 09:00 – 17:00
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
This qualification is assessed by multiple choice assessment and practical assessment.
As with all health and safety related courses, it is recommended that staff undergo refresher training on a regular basis, this is normally every 3-years.