QNUK Level 3 Award in Activity First Aid
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The QNUK Level 3 Award in Activity First Aid is a 2-day course, aimed at those looking to undertake the role of a first aider in sports activities. The qualification also meets the requirements for a workplace emergency first aider as outlined in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982. The qualification builds on the Emergency first aid at work qualification, to include core common injuries found in sporting activities.
Who is the Course For?
The QNUK Level 3 Award in Activity First Aid is ideal for anyone who works or volunteers in an outdoor or sports environment, such as sports coaches, outdoor activity instructors, campground staff, Scout leaders, Guides leaders.
The QNUK Level 3 Award in Activity First Aid covers the syllabus required under ‘The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, which can be found on the HSE website. Along with this the course allows extra time for injuries commonly found in sporting environments to be covered.
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing first aid incidents, including primary survey
- Unconscious casualties, including seizure, secondary survey and recovery position
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED), including children and drowning
- Choking casualties
- Wounds and bleeding
- Casualties suffering from shock
- Minor injuries, including grazes, splinters and minor scalds and burns
- Bones, joint and muscle injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Eye injuries
- Bites and stings
- Anaphylactic shock
- Administering first aid to casualties with suspected major illness, to include; Heart Attack, Stroke, Asthma and Diabetes
- Effects of the heat and cold
- This qualification is aimed at those over 16 who are able to undertake the responsibilities associated with being an emergency first aider. Learners between 14-16 years can undertake the qualification, however they should not be relied upon by employers to be a sole emergency first aider.
- Due to the language of the assessment, it is recommended that learners have sufficient command of the English language in order to understand the assessment and to undertake the recommended assessment methods.
- Learners are required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore learners must be physically capable of doing this.
12 guided learning hours (contact hours)
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over 2-days, 09:30 – 16:30
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper and practical assessment.
QNUK Level 3 Award in Activity First Aid certificates are valid for 3-years. Before the expiry date of their QNUK Level 3 Award in Activity First Aid certificate, learners must resit the course.
It is also strongly recommended by the HSE that all First Aiders undergo annual refresher training.
Booking a course
To enquire about an inhouse course, please click here.