RYA First Aid Course
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The one-day RYA first aid course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective. It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages up to 60-miles offshore.
Who is the Course For?
Water based RYA instructors, anyone looking for a water based first aid course and those needing first aid training for vessels working up to area Category 2 under the Maritime and Coastguard Agency Codes of Practice for Small Vessels Operated Commercially
The RYA First Aid Course Syllabus is set by the Royal Yachting Association.
- The recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- Cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- Seasickness and dehydration
- Medical assistance or advice by VHF
- Helicopter rescue
- The RYA First Aid Course is aimed at those over 16’s
- This course includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore learners must be physically capable of doing this.
8 contact hours
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over 1-day, 09:00 – 17:00
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
RYA First Aid Certificates are valid for 3-years. First Aiders must undergo the RYA First Aid Course again before the expiry of their certificates to remain first aiders.