First Response Course for Scout and Guide Leaders
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The First Response Course is a one-day course, designed for Scout and Girlguiding Leaders, to give them the knowledge and skills to deal with an emergency and apply basic first aid. The First Response Course is a requirement for individuals wishing to become a leader and must be renewed every three years to maintain your warrant.
Who is the Course For?
Scout Leaders, or those wishing to become Scout Leaders, Girlguiding Leaders, or those wishing to become leaders, Scouts & Guides.
- What is First Aid
- Responsibilities First Aiders in Scouts and Guides
- Primary Assessment
- Secondary Assessment
- CPR for Adults and Children
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Asthma, Hyperventilation and Drowning
- Heart Attacks and Angina
- Shock and Bleeding
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Bone, Joint and Muscle Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Effects of the Heat and Cold
- Burns and Scalds
- This course includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore learners must be physically capable of doing this.
7 contact hours.
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over 1-day, 09:00 – 17:00
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Competency is not assessed on this course.
First Response certificates are valid for 3-years, after which you will be required to undertake another First Response Course.