QNUK Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The QNUK Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People provides those working with children and young people the knowledge on how to recognise and respond to cases of alleged or suspected abuse.
Who is the Course For?
Anyone that needs an understanding of safeguarding in a child or young person setting
- Key elements of the law on safeguarding children and young people
- How practitioners can take steps to protect themselves from allegations and complaints within their everyday practice in a work setting
- Ways in which concerns about children and young people can be reported
- Characteristics of different types of child abuse
- Actions to take in response to evidence that a child or young person has been abused or is at risk of being abused
- How to respond to a child or young person who discloses abuse
- Who the information of abuse or suspected abuse may be shared with
- The QNUK Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People is for those aged over 18.
- It is recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 1 literacy or equivalent.
- There are no other pre-requisites for this qualification.
6 guided learning hours (contact hours)
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over 1-day, 09:30 – 16:30
Face-to-face or Remote Learning
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper.
There is no requirement to requalify this course, however, learners should undertake regular CPD and some work settings will require staff to undergo refresher training on a regular basis.