Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Catering
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
By law, food business operators must ensure that food handlers receive the appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene. The Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering ensures that supervisors are aware of the legislation applicable for food safety and how to communicate this to employees.
Topics include ensuring compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology, and temperature control.
This course can be delivered and assessed online through the Qualify at Home system, contact us for more information.
Who is the Course For?
Supervisors in a food catering environments, and anyone with an interest in supervising food safety practices.
- The importance of food safety management procedures and complying with the law
- The role of the supervisor in maintaining food safety
- Ensuring that microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards are controlled
- Ensuring good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of ensuring good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts, training and reporting illness
- Ensuring that work areas and equipment are kept clean and safe
- Ensuring safe waste disposal and pest management
- Implementing food safety management systems
- To register on to this qualification, learners are required to be 14 years of age or above.
- It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent.
20 contact hours.
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over three days, 09:00 – 17:00.
Face-to-Face, Remote Learning or Qualify at Home.
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper.
As with all food safety training it is recommended that staff undergo regular refresher training and, or CPD. It is best practice that this is every 3-years.