Introduction to Allergens e-Learning Course
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
This e-learning course is suitable for those learners requiring an insight into food allergens and the importance of managing them effectively. It is ideal for anyone in a role that involves the production, storage or service of food. The course is also accredited by Allergy UK. Allergy UK is the leading national charity providing support, advice and information for those living with allergic disease. Allergy UK also runs the Allergy Aware Scheme, an opportunity for catering outlets to demonstrate their commitment to safeguarding those with food allergies.
Who is the Course For?
Staff or individuals who need to be aware of allergens in food.
- Introduction to food allergens
- Allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease
- Symptoms of allergic reactions and how to respond
- Allergens legislation
- Food labelling requirements
- The 14 regulated allergens
- ‘Free from’ claims
- Managing allergens from purchase to service
- Providing allergen information to customers
- People undertaking this qualification must be 14 years of age, or above.
- There are no other prerequisites for this course.
The course will typically take 2 to 3 hours to complete, however as this allergy training is hosted online, learners can complete each module at a time and pace to suit them.
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper.
As with all food safety training, it is a requirement that all staff handling food keep their knowledge current. It is recommended that people undertake refresher training every 3-years as a best practice.