QNUK Level 3 Award in Administration of Emergency Oxygen
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The QNUK Level 3 Award in Administration of Emergency Oxygen gives learners the knowledge and practical guidance to administer oxygen safely and effectively when casualties have breathing difficulties. Attendees will learn how and when to administer oxygen to a casualty and the safety concerns with carrying, storing and administering oxygen.
Who is the Course For?
This course is suitable for qualified First Aiders, Emergency First Aiders, dental practitioners, dental care professionals, healthcare professionals and others working in an environment where oxygen is available for casualty welfare.
- How Oxygen is used in the body
- Indications for the use of oxygen in different emergency situations
- Contradictions that prohibit the administration of oxygen
- Pulse Oximetry
- Precautions to be observed when handling, using and storing oxygen
- Operational checks to be undertaken before using oxygen therapy equipment
- Delivery of oxygen using bag valve mask and pocket mask with oxygen port
- Details that need to be recorded in relation to the administration of oxygen
- Candidates should be at least 18 years old to undertake this qualification
- It is recommended that candidates have at least level 2 literacy to undertake this qualification
- Candidates should have suitable first aid or medical qualifications. A minimum would be a Valid first aid at work qualification or 2-day Outdoor first aid qualification such as the QNUK Level 3 Award in Outdoor First aid.
3 contact hours
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over half a day, 09:00 – 12:15
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper and practical assessment.
To renew your Administration of Emergency Oxygen Certificates, you must resit the course every 3-years