Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work Course
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work Course is specifically for those individuals who are to become an emergency first-aider in the workplace. This one-day qualification meets the requirements of both the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982.
This course is regulated by OFQUAL, we also offer the same course accredited through the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB).
Who is the Course For?
Nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk organisations, such as offices, libraries, and small shops and anyone with an interest in emergency first aid.
The Emergency First Aid at Work Course covers the syllabus required under The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, which can be found on the HSE website.
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Primary survey
- Unresponsive breathing casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Choking casualties
- Wounds and bleeding
- Casualties suffering from shock
- Minor injuries, including small cuts, grazes & bruises and small splinters
- Minor burns and scalds
- The Emergency First Aid at Work Course is aimed at those over 16 who are able to undertake the responsibilities associated with being a workplace emergency first aider.
- Learners between 14-16 years can undertake the course, however they should not be relied upon by employers to be a sole first aider.
- It is recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- Learners are required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore learners must be physically capable of doing this.
6 contact hours.
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over 1-day, 09:30 – 16:30.
This course can be delivered via blended learning, where 1/3rd of the course is delivered online prior to the face-to-face session, which would be run over 4 contact hours, typically 09:00 -13:15.
Blended learning course, elearning, followed by 4-contact hours face-to-face.
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper and practical assessment.
Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work Certificates are valid for 3-years. Emergency First Aiders must retake the Emergency First Aid at Work Course to maintain their qualification.
It is also strongly recommended by the HSE that all First Aiders undergo annual refresher training.