QNUK Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid Course
Need to know more?
We understand you may still have further questions, in which case please get in touch with us, either call 01473 551911, or click here
The QNUK Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid Course is aimed at individuals wishing to become a paediatric first-aider in the workplace with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children. This qualification is intended for learners already working or preparing to work in the industry and it meets the requirements for paediatric first aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
This course is accredited OFQUAL accredited, through Highfield Qualifications. We also offer an accreditation route through the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB).
Who is the Course For?
The designated first aiders in early years settings, including: nursery workers, childminders, staff working in early years in primary schools, foster carers, parents and others that work with children, or would like a comprehensive knowledge of how to administer first aid to children and babies
The QNUK Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid Course syllabus covers the syllabus required by the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
- Roles of the first aider in an early-years setting
- Assess an incident involving a child or baby
- Primary survey
- Unresponsive breathing child or baby
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) for children and babies
- Choking children or babies
- Wounds and bleeding
- Casualties suffering from shock
- Anaphylactic shock
- Electric shock
- Burns and scalds
- Bone, joint and muscles injuries
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Foreign bodies in the eyes, ears and nose
- Eye injuries
- Bites and stings
- Effects of the heat and cold
- This qualification is aimed at those over 16 Learners between 14-16 years can undertake the qualification, however they should not be relied upon by employers to be a sole first aider.
- Due to the language of the assessment, it is recommended that learners have sufficient command of the English language in order to understand the assessment and to undertake the recommended assessment methods.
- Attendees will be required to demonstrate First Aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore be physically capable of doing so.
- There are no other prerequisites for this qualification.
12 contact hours.
Good Skills Training normally deliver this course over 2-days, 09:30 – 16:30.
This course can be delivered via blended learning, one day of the course is delivered online prior to the face-to-face session, which would be run over one day, typically 09:30 – 16:30.
Face-to-Face, or Blended learning course, elearning followed by 1-day face-to-face.
Maximum Learners Per Tutor
Multiple choice exam paper and practical assessment.
QNUK Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid Certificates are valid for 3-years. To renew your certificate, you must undergo another Paediatric First Aid Course.